I'm so excited to share this edition of my 5 favorites today along with my little stories about each :)
There are a couple affiliate links* below, but when you read my stories, you'll know why I am sharing each.
1. #Truthbomb Decks from Danielle LaPorte
If you follow me on Snapchat (kmm810 if you don't! I love the snaps!), then you see me pull a #truthbomb card every morning! I absolutely love an uplifting, motivational quote, especially right in the morning. I was pulling one for myself every morning and then I realized I just needed to share!
BUT you can do more with these cards than just pull one in the morning. I use them as cards for gifts, I created a "banner" of my favorites in my office, I leave them in public bathrooms, I have put them on car windshields...spread a little happiness & cheer!
Order your deck here.*
2. Thunderbird Bars
I just discovered these bars at Paleo f(x)! Well actually, I bought 2 at Whole Foods the day before because it is a local Austin company and then they were a vendor at the conference.
The ingredients are legit! No weird gums or added sugars. In fact, they have a whole page on the website dedicated to the ingredients: check them out.
I also stopped and asked them how the bars would hold up in the heat since my husband would most likely take these out on the golf course with him. They assured me they would be a great option.
One of my favorite flavors is the Pecan + Goji + Pistachio. Here are the facts:
INGREDIENTS: Dates, Pecans, Almonds, Pecan Butter, Berry Mix (Golden Berries, Goji Berries, Mulberries), Pistachios, Pecan Meal, Himalayan Sea Salt.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Serv. Size 1.7oz (48g), Calories 174, Fat Cal. 108, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (4% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 66mg (3% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Sugars 13g, Protein 6g.
3. Erin Condren Planners: Team Balanced Bites Version
I actually had an Erin Condren planner last year and loved that it had quotes and a monthly/weekly section, but I felt I needed an "hourly" layout with my work as a NTC so I switched to a different planner for 2016...much to my surprise, EC came out with an hourly layout, which I discovered when #TeamBalancedBites looked into ordering them.
We got these in Austin and I have been busy adding in all my events for the end of the year :)
My favorite part? The customized cover on them! One of Diane's famous quotes: "What lights you up? Do that." There's also a hangry monster on the back <3 SO cute!
4. Beautycounter Charcoal Bar
I've been using Beautycounter products for over a month now, and I really do love many of the products, but this is my favorite!
(I did use a charcoal mask 1x a week before using the soap, so I know charcoal works well with my skin!)
The bar has an EWG rating of a 1 (the best rating the Environmental Working Group can give!). Since BC can give a better description than I, here's the description from the website:
"Our Charcoal Cleansing bar contains activated charcoal derived from the Japanese Ubame Oak tree that attracts and binds to impurities and oils on the skin's surface, resulting in a smoother, brighter complexion. Made with antioxidant-rich, organic green tea and hydrating organic coconut oil, the gentle formula can be used daily on your face and body."
Purchase your charcoal bar from my link + I will make sure you absolutely love the product! Click here!
5. Katie Dalebout's Let it Out: A Journey through Journaling
Another Snapchat reference...the book, Let it Out! I have started journaling every morning. It's been about 3 weeks and I LOVE IT. I already know 4 ladies who have bought this book on my recommendation and have been loving it!
A few notes:
1) I recommend getting a notebook you will write in HONESTLY. Sounds funny, but I know I used to buy beautiful notebooks and be afraid to write the "truth" because I didn't want to ruin the notebook. OR I would mess up and never want to write in it again because I had to scratch something out. If you want, just buy a plain moleskin notebooks or use a legal pad!
2) Dedicate to journal for at least a month consistently and see what happens. Don't "say" you are going to do it and quit after a couple days...it WON'T give you much clarity unless you give it some time.
3) The book is a small introduction and then a host of journaling exercises (50+). I like to use it by reading the titles of the journal tools and then using the one that I need the most that day (vs going in order). I've already done a few repeats because I felt they were so valuable.
PLEASE let me know if you decide to give it a try! I couldn't be happier with how it is changing my perspective! Let me know in the comments of this post. :)