The Ladies Dish #07: Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
Dana + Kate interview Joy about Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) testing and how it can be useful in your health journey. All three ladies have done it themselves too! || Full show notes & homemade almond milk recipe at the theladiesdish.com/ldp07 | Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
IN THIS EPISODE: Welcome to The Ladies Dish Podcast!
Catching Up: (00:58) Hello 2016! Sugar overload for the holidays? (3:00) Coach confessions.
Get to Know the Ladies – Question of the Week (5:25): Are you making a new year’s resolution? And if so, what is it? Kate mentioned her recent post about creating a vision for the upcoming year – read it here. Share your words of intention or new year’s resolution with us over on Instagram @theladiesdish!
What’s Cooking? (12:41):
Kate shares her almond milk recipe. It’s easier than you think to make a junk-free version at home! Get the recipe here.
Interview with Joy
1. What is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis?(15:50)
We chat about actually taking a hair sample! It’s not as scary as you might think. (16:43)
Dana even gives a tip about how to cut the hair from her sister (our resident hair stylist expert)! (18:25)
2. What are the advantages of this test vs. something like blood work? (21:05)
3. If you color your hair on a regular basis, can you still take the test? (24:30)
4. Can you tell us what minerals we are getting a report on when the results come back? (26:40)
5. Can you tell us a little bit about how all the minerals listed on this test relate to our health and why it’s so important? (29:09)
6. All About Calcium (31:35)
7. It showed up on all of our HTMA tests that we are slow oxidizers. Can you explain what this means? (36:37)
8. How do you use HTMA with your clients? (41:13)
If you’re interested in getting an HTMA test with Joy, visit her website www.joybirdwellness.com/htma. As of the posting of this podcast (January 2016) there’s a limited time discount of $179!
Thank you for joining us this week for Episode Seven. Remember to subscribe in iTunes so you don’t miss a future episode. Happy New Year!
Like the show? Leave us a review! Follow the below link and then click the blue “View on iTunes” button – once you’re logged into your iTunes account you can add a review. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback!