The Ladies Dish Podcast #20: Special Guest Kam Niskach
SPECIAL GUEST – Kam Niskah – Beachbody Master Trainer, discusses her health + fitness journey, the works he does now and how she manages to fit it all in. Kam explains how to find the right fitness program for you. || Full show notes at the theladiesdish.com/ldp20 | Get in touch: email@example.com
IN THIS EPISODE: Welcome to The Ladies Dish Podcast!
Catching Up: (00:58) WE HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST TODAY!
Kate’s next 21DSD group is coming up – hop on the wagon now because spots are limited!
Joy is hanging out with Olive teaching her how to climb stairs. Going down is scary...
Joy also started a Whole 30 on April 1st. She’s posting food on IG daily now that she’s back on social media. This is her first go at Whole 30 - got any tips or want to join in?! Come say hi over @joybirdwellness!
Guest Intro! (3:26)
We are SO EXCITED to welcome our first guest to The Ladies Dish – Kam Niskach!!! Kam is a Beachbody LIVE Master Trainer, successful health coach, intense & motivating fitness instructor, PLUS a mom to her adorable and spunky daughter! Dana and Kate know Kam personally and were themselves inspired by her passion and leadership to follow their own dreams of helping others. Have a listen to get to know this kick-ass girlboss for yourself!
Get to Know the Ladies - Question of the Week (6:00):
If you had to eat one food guilt-free every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Can you guess who said pressed potatoes? 😉
Interview Questions: (8:03)
1. Kam, tell us a little bit about your story, especially as it relates to your health and fitness journey.
2. What is your favorite part of the work you do today?
3. You teach fitness classes 3x a week, travel as a Master Trainer teaching others how to be fitness instructors, fly to LA for photo shoots & instructor filming, run a successful health coaching business, and you are a stay-at-home mom...how do you do it all?!
4. You teach others to become instructors in Insanity, P90X, CIZE, and PiYo. Do you have a favorite format that you teach? Or maybe a favorite format to do yourself?
5. Most of our listeners are women...20s through 50s. What advice can you offer our listeners about fitness and exercise?
Listener Question (22:00)
“OK....so I've been hearing so much lately about intermittent fasting. What are your thoughts on this ladies? I'm trying to lose some weight and be lean but I want to do it safely with long term benefits. Could this be damaging to my health? Thanks so much for shedding light on this topic. I love listening to you ladies each week!!”
Kam mentioned Dr. Sara Solomon if you want to check out her info and see if IF is right for you! Charlene Johnson's podcast episode with Dr. Solomon. (Disclaimer: The Ladies Dish Podcast does not agree or disagree with the opinions of Dr. Solomon or Chalene Johnson. The above links are provided as a reference to you to find more information on the subjects.)
Speed Round for Kam (31:00)
1. What is one book that changed your life? If you haven’t read this yet – check it out. Kam’s favorite book is Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. It’s on Joy’s immediate to-read list!
2. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten? 3. If you could switch places with any celebrity for a day who would it be? 4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Thank you to Kam and all of our Dishers for joining us this week for Episode 10. Remember to subscribe in iTunes so you don’t miss a future episode!
To connect with Kam online or join in one of her classes locally, find her here:
Like the show? Leave us a review! Follow the below link and then click the blue "View on iTunes" button - once you're logged into your iTunes account you can add a review. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback!